Hi there and welcome to The Tofu Diaries, a leading vegan blog full of tasty vegan food, all things travel, and living a cruelty-free lifestyle!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- plenty of plant-based vegan recipes inspired by a love of trying new ingredients and international cuisines
- travel tips and guides to prove you can be meat-free anywhere
- ideas for exploring new places both in the UK and further afield
- restaurant reviews of both veggie and veggie-friendly places
- little vegan treats of every kind
- cruelty-free cosmetics and ethical shopping
- introductions and interviews with bloggers I love
- cute animals from time to time
- lots of photos and more in between!
New here? Take a look at these popular posts!
Behind the blog
My name is Natalie Tamara, a thirty-something living in Leeds. I do digital marketing and communications for a charity by day and develop recipes by night. Both involve a lot of photography and a lot of social media. I started The Tofu Diaries in 2014 as a productive outlet for the photos I’m always taking, to inspire me to write down the recipes I create, and as a way to share my tips and insights into being a meat-free traveller in over sixty-five countries and counting.
I’ve been vegetarian for almost as long as I can remember and it has a huge influence on not only the food I eat, but the way I travel, the products I buy, and the clothes I wear. Everything I cook at home has been exclusively vegan for a while now and I’ve more recently transitioned to a fully vegan diet (you might still find the occasional old blog post on here that’s focused on vegetarian food).
I’ve also had itchy feet for as long as I can remember and am always on the lookout for an adventure, near or far. Four years of my twenties were spent living abroad and travelling and, even though I’ve settled in Leeds for the time-being, I still fit in as many trips in a year as possible.
I hope you’ll stick around and if you do like what you see, why not sign up over in the sidebar for updates on new posts from The Tofu Diaries?
Natalie Tamara x