These spiced pomegranate fizz mocktails are a festive fruity drink that’s perfect as a daytime treat or if you want something non-alcoholic but still special and a little bit fancy. With the addition of cloves and sparkling water to the pomegranate juice, the drinks are warming and refreshing at the same time.
Since there are already so many sugary drinks out there, I wanted to keep the spiced pomegranate fizz mocktails as healthy as possible so they are truly an appealing alternative. Of course there is natural sugar in them from the juice but nothing nasty has been added.
To add the spice, a little of the juice is heated with the cloves to gently infuse and give the drink a warm, aromatic flavour – and gives you just a hint of the cloves’ characteristic mouth-numbing properties at the back of your throat. In short, the cloves turn what would be a nice, sweet juice into something more complex.
For an alcoholic version, I would recommend adding either gin or rum!
POM Wonderful kindly sent me some of their juice to make a festive pomegranate drink along with this fab cocktail making kit with everything you could possibly need in it. Read on for the recipe and for the chance to win a cocktail making kit to use at home for yourself!
As a side note, how cute are these micro fairy lights? There were lights just like these as part of the centrepieces at The Cooperative Christmas party I went to at the end of last month. I thought immediately how great they would be for festive foodie pics, so I hunted down a set of my own from Amazon!
- 250ml chilled pomegranate juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 ice cubes
- 200ml sparkling spring water
- Add 50ml of the pomegranate juice to a small saucepan, add the cloves and heat on the hob for a few minutes to infuse. Alternatively, for a quicker version, add the 50ml of juice and the cloves to a mug and microwave for around 40 seconds.
- Place half the ice into a cocktail shaker. Pour the heated juice mix into the shaker and shake until it has cooled.
- In a large glass (ideally a tall rocks glass like the ones photographed, but really it's doesn't matter too much!) add the remaining ice, pour in the spice-infused pomegranate juice, followed by the remaining pomegranate juice and sparkling water.
- Give it a quick stir and serve!
The Giveaway: Win a POM Wonderful Cocktail Making Kit!
Never entered a Rafflecopter giveaway before? Find out how to enter here. Open to UK residents only – for full T&Cs, see the Rafflecopter. Closes midnight 27/12/2015.
For more festive drinks inspiration, head over to the POM Wonderful website and check out their cocktail recipes here!
POM Wonderful kindly provided review items and prize but no other compensation was received.