I have a confession to make: this recipe has been sat in my drafts folder since January. Can you believe it? I was wild about this dip when I first made it and yet it somehow got forgotten about until I had some beetroot in my fridge a few days ago, reminding me I must make it again!
Once you have just the right amount of each ingredient, this vegan beetroot dip couldn’t be simpler to make. Beetroot is such a deep earthy flavour that it needs seasoning with an equally robust spice. Step forward, cumin. The beetroot and the cumin combine perfectly to make this dip a real winner, while the tahini gives it a richer more satisfying texture. It’s so versatile too, perfect with pita bread or spread on a sandwich; I tried it here with some mini Indian puri.
- 4 beetroot, cooked or pickled
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp tahini paste
- ½tsp lemon juice
- ¼tsp cumin
- 1tsp tahini paste, to serve
- Roughly chop the beetroot
- Add the ingredients to a food processor and blend until they have formed a smooth paste.
- Serve with pita bread, snacks or as a sandwich filler
Are you a beetroot fan? What would you like to eat this dip with?