Even after making so many batches of raw bliss balls and experimenting with so many flavours, I still find myself in amazement each time that they can be so good without being packed full of sugar or butter.
These Caramel Oat Bites are about as simple as it gets with just three ingredients, yet to me they are as good as any caramel you will find. Possibly better when you consider what goes into them!
You could try adding a little sea salt for a salted caramel version. For a gluten-free version, simply use gluten-free oats for the same results.
- 200g dates, soaked in hot water for one hour or overnight in cold water
- 50g oats, plus extra to coat
- 1tbsp cashew nut butter
- Drain the dates then add them, along with the oats and cashew nut butter, to a food processor.
- Blend until they have formed a smooth, sticky paste.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for ten minutes - this will make it easier to roll into balls.
- Separate the mix into small portions, roll into balls and roll in the extra oats until they are fully coated. Store in the fridge.
Do you ever make raw bliss balls? What is your favourite?